StoppingSocialism.com’s very own Justin Haskins appeared on the Glenn Beck Radio Program on November 19 to discuss a new report by the Stopping Socialism team and The Heartland Institute.
The report details how socialist candidates performed in the 2020 election, and the results are truly shocking.
If you’re interested in reading the full report, go here.
Watch Glenn and Justin discuss the study in the video below:
And here are some of the highlights from the study:
- The biggest takeaway from our research is that the far-left progressive and socialist wings of the Democratic Party gained significant ground in 2020 compared to previous elections, and that a greater proportion than ever of legislative seats will be filled by far-left progressives or socialists in 2021 and 2022. It appears as though the socialist and progressive wings of the DNC are quickly taking over.
- Our full list includes 266 separate races in 29 states and Washington, DC. We tracked 200 state legislative seats, 60 U.S. House seats, and six U.S. Senate seats.
- We discovered socialist or progressive candidates won 239 of those races and lost just 24 (three races were still undecided when we put our final analysis together). That means socialists or far-left progressives won more than 90 percent of their races.
- If uncontested races are excluded, socialist or far-left progressive candidates won by an average of more than 25 percentage points, indicating clearly socialist and progressive groups targeted during the primaries districts that they knew Democrats would win in the general election.
- In 2018, we conducted a similar analysis and found there were fewer progressive and socialist candidates (we only identified 86 in 2018, based on endorsements from far-left groups), and that those candidates were much less successful. Fewer than 40 percent won their races, and the margin of victory in contested races was slim.