The following list includes what I believe to be the 10 best conservative websites available today for those looking for free-market, pro-liberty news and opinion.
My totally scientific methodology for choosing the sites involves the follows: If I find myself regularly going to the site and enjoying it when I do, I put it on this list. Brilliant, right?
Ok, I know that wasn’t helpful. If you were to really twist my arm and force me to analyze why I have chosen these sites over any number of other excellent websites, my ranking boils down to three important factors:
- How influential is the website? Is it the kind of thing everyone is reading, or is it a niche site? I love a good commentary-only website (and there are some on the list), but I have a really tough time ranking commentary and analysis websites over those with much more influence.
- What’s the quality of the content and the website itself? Is it a hard website to read? Is it full of ads and distractions?
- Can you find content on the site that you can’t get anywhere else? This is a big factor when it comes to my placement of The Blaze. Although there are other news websites out there that include content in line with The Blaze (like Ben Shapiro’s Daily Wire), The Blaze provides access to a whole bunch of audio and video content via The Blaze TV that you’re not going to get at other conservative websites. (It’s also home to Glenn Beck, one of my all-time favorite thinkers/philosophers/commentators.)
Before we get to the list, I’d like to name a few honorable mentions:
- Reason.com: Reason is an excellent website, but its influence is almost exclusively with libertarians.
- Human Events: After being closed down for a few years, Human Events recently reemerged under completely new leadership, and I’ve got to say, I’m very impressed. The only thing holding HE back is that it hasn’t quite recovered from its previous closure. Many conservatives still have no idea that website is back online.
- Real Clear Politics and The Hill: Neither of these sites exclusively provides conservative content, but both are incredibly influential and widely followed by conservatives.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get straight to the ranking list. (Oh, and if you have a problem with my rankings here … too bad. Get your own website!)
(P.S. If you’re looking for more rankings, go here.)
10 Best Conservative Websites
|1||Wall Street Journal||https://wsj.com|
PHOTO: Tucker Carlson speaking with attendees at the 2018 Student Action Summit hosted by Turning Point USA at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida. Photo by Gage Skidmore. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)